Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11

I was thinking about the original 9/11 today as I'm sure many other Americans are as well. I first found out what was happening in my high school library and saw the footage of the first plane crashing into the tower and then the second one live.

I remember that things were somber and then began to get panicky as kids couldn't reach their parents who worked in NYC and didn't know if their parent was alive still or not. Everyone went home. I remember that my dad had a meeting in Stanford that day so he wasn't in the city. I don't think he's ever had another meeting either before that day or after in Stanford. I'm so glad he wasn't there and that he was okay!

Months later I sang at a wedding for my teacher's son. The song I sang was a tribute to his best friend who died in 9/11. It was an experience I will remember for a long time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't usually comment on these blogs, but I do read them and really enjoy it...great thoughts, keep it up!