Friday, September 11, 2009

Ligers

Rusty is embarrassed by this but I think it's pretty funny.

One day a while ago-before Jadie came-Rusty and I were at the grocery store together. We had gotten all of our items to purchase and were standing in the line. As a gentlemanly gesture Rusty always insists on unloading the groceries onto the belt, loading them into the cart, and then into the car. He was especially insistent about these procedures when I was pregnant.

As we were standing in line I began flipping through some silly magazine to waste the time and so I wasn't really paying attention. When I looked up it was our turn to start loading groceries onto the belt. In fact the belt was almost empty from the last person and I looked at Rusty wondering why he hadn't started putting our groceries on the belt. His eyes were glazed over because he was completely lost in some thought. I snapped him out of it and he began loading. Needless to say I was curious what he was thinking about.

When I asked him about it on the way out to the car, he said in seriousness, "Okay. Well I was trying to imagine what I would do to protect you if a liger walked into the grocery store. "

To which I replied, "Are you being serious?"

And he said, "Well you have to be prepared for emergencies right?"

And I said, "Do you really think that is a likely emergency? Okay, so if a liger did walk into the grocery store what would you do?"

And he said, "Well I was thinking I'd go for a broom and make some kind of spear."

At this point I was either holding the stitch in my side or wiping a tear from my eye due to laughter. But then again it is nice to know my knight in shining armor thinks about these things and is prepared to protect me from the ligers in the world. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ok, are you serious? That is HaLARious. Man I have to do the grocery shopping by myself, boo! Haha.

Rachey said...

Thats so funny

KinseyBug said...

haha...I like Rusty's way of thinking:) so funny!

Josh and Heather said...

That is the most hilarious thing I've ever heard. I can totally picture it...Rusty being all serious about protectin you and you just laughing up a storm...I must admit, it did make me laugh out loud. Well done, well done! (PS- I miss you and your stories! Tell more!)